[vc_row][vc_column width= »1/1″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Here are 10 ways to boost your social standing online. These 10 social networking tips and tricks will help you build a stronger network and take your online presence to the next level. All are designed to make you think strategically and take advantage of timesaving tools to boost your effectiveness.
- Listen to Your Audience. The three most important factors in social networking are audience, audience, audience. Identify what kind of people you’re trying to reach and pay attention to what they’re saying.
- Participate and Collaborate. Set goals for engaging your contacts and monitor how much activity your efforts generate. How many retweets do you get on Twitter? How many reposts does your blog generate? Use third-party tools to measure your social media influence and impact on networks.
- Join Specialized Networks. Whatever your focus, there is a specialized social network for you. Find it and join.
- Use Social Media Dashboards. Save time by using tools like HootSuite to manage your accounts and activity across different social media services, including Twitter, WordPress, Facebook.
- Ask Lots of Questions. Asking questions is a great way to engage your contacts, attract fresh links and learn new things. When people reply to your questions with comments or posts, it boosts the visibility of your content on that particular network. But take care to read and respond to answers.
- Link, Link, Link. Links equal love in social media. So liberally add links to your posts, status updates, tweets and other content. Cross-link to your tweets from your blog and vice versa.
- Time Your Tweets. Find out when your audience is more active, and synchronise your watch with them.
- Use Mobile Helpers. If you have a smart phone, install special helper applications to send and receive information faster on your favorite social networks.
- Create a Visual Identity. Tweak your Twitter profile and other social network home pages to create a unique visual identity. Create a custom Twitter background to add more bio information and give your Twitter presence personality.
- Back Up Your Virtual Self. Once you’ve taken time to build a strong social network, don’t let your social identity go up in digital smoke. Make use of available tools for backing up your profiles, photos, and status updates.
Source : personalweb.about.com[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]