- Implement flexible work arrangements (such as flexitime, part-time, parental/family leave, teleworking…) and ensure that their use is not penalized during formal or informal evaluations and during task distribution or file allocations.
- Respect working hours.
- Plan meetings as much as possible within core working hours.
- Respect the timetable and schedule for meetings.
- Plan missions taking as much as possible private life imperatives into consideration.
- Encourage the uptake by men of their right to paternity leave and facilitate parental leave for both men and women.
- Establish a team organization which facilitates the balance between work and private life.
- Organise a back-up system.
- Organise work distribution between full-time and part-time staff in an equitable and balanced way.
- Plan and announce meetings well in advance.
- Give sufficient time to meet deadlines when requesting briefings or written comments.
- Provide time and opportunities for group social time (schedule social events for team members, allocate funds for team social time…).
- Allow more time to a diverse team to grow as a group, since diverse teams require additional time to develop trust and member-interdependence.
- Address complaints regarding harassment and discrimination promptly and sensitively.
Transparency and respect in management and communication
- Communicate in a respectful manner with consideration for a person’s sex, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation and position.
- Provide clear and easily accessible information about all regulations and procedures.
- Explain resources and expectations systematically to all staff members, especially to newcomers.
- Provide forums where staff can voice concerns, give and receive feedback without fear of reprisal.