In March 1728, Boston Gazette featured an advertisement from Caleb Phillips – « Teacher of the New Method of Shorthand » – explaining that everybody should be able to learn from distance.
Almost 300 years passed, and we see how virtual learning environment allows most people from our planet to access online education without leaving home. But what are virtual classes and why you should use them?
A virtual class is a learning environment, usually held on an online platform, where both teachers and learners can get and share knowledge, communicating with each other being physically in different places. To access that kind of classes is easy: you only need a computer and an internet connection.
So, what are the real benefits of a virtual class?
- One of the main asset is flexibility. This type of class allows people who cannot travel or assist traditional classes to learn. Virtual classes can be accessed from any place with an internet connection.
- You save time: virtual classes are usually short, and you can follow or participate in some of them at any time (even late nights or early mornings). Technology Based Training (TBT) yields a time savings of 35-45% over traditional classroom instruction.
- You can share and learn from people all over the world.
- Virtual classes help you to experiment a new learning approach via a more modern and technology-driven way.
- These classes can be recorded, so you can review your training at any time. Therefore, you will never miss any detail of your class that somehow you could have during a traditional class.
- And finally: it is environment friendly!
You may think it is impossible to learn if the teacher is not in front of you, but it is not. According to students who attended virtual classes, many tools are now available to make interactive classes: chat boxes, audio, video playlist, whiteboards, polls and new presentations tools.
Interested in this new way of learning? We invite you to test our online trainings: https://management.ifebenelux.com/category/nos-formations/